We started by doing a few warm up laps, so the coach could see what she had to work with. Then we did drills. I don't know what the names of any of them are, but they focused on breathing and getting accustomed to rotating your body while you swim instead of swimming flat. Then we did more laps applying what we learned from the drills. The drills made a huge difference. It takes a lot less effort to swim a lap and I'm now breathing on both sides. Before, I was only breathing on my right. And my legs are at the top of the water. Can't wait to swim again this weekend.
This morning I did a quick 30 minute weight session. Hit all the major areas, but not too hard.
I have a busy weekend lined up. Hopefully, I can find some time to just chill. Have a good weekend everyone!
4 comments:
Bilateral breathing. You hold your breath a little longer, but you're a lot more efficient. And you use your body in a more balanced manner. Less fatigue. I was always trained that my legs were just for stability and ballast. That trying to use them for other than that in freestyle (other strokes are different) is not efficient. Too bad I hate swimming. I am so good at it.
Oh yeah...I am going to have to put something on my blog about learning to swim....I out swam the gators. Swimming for Beginners, Cajun 101.
Squeef has it right...saving your legs in the swim portion of a triathlon saves your legs for the bike and run.
Cool, let's go for a swim this weekend at some point!
Post a Comment