Shortly after I arrived at work today, I was introduced to someone that we were interviewing today. WTF? Thanks for the notice. Good thing I'm wearing my nice jeans today! I finally get a look at his resume and his background is Java. There was one porting project on his resume that could appear to be relevant, but since I did that same port to a different OS, I know it really isn't. So, I ask the oh so important questions that at any normal company I wouldn't have to ask:
1) Are we hiring and what position are we interviewing him for?
2) Why are we interviewing someone with no relevant experience?
The answer, of course, is that this guy worked at my Boss's previous company and they think he is a swell guy. (My wording, not theirs). After asking the relevant questions above, it was decided that I didn't have to talk to him, but if they decide that they want to pursue hiring him, I'll get a chance to talk to him then.
Nice.
8 comments:
Huh? I guess I don't get what you're pissed off about unless it's just the lack of notice.
I would much rather hire someone I knew was a good worker with little experience than a stranger that supposedly has lots of relevant experience. I guess I think if you're a good programmer, you're a good programmer in general. This is coming from someone who doesn't do it for a living but thinks he has skillz.
I do not get it ? was it SB that came in for the job ...lol
Ordinarily I would agree with you Squeezin, but we are a small company and we don't have the financial resources to hire someone unless they can jump in and immediately start contributing on whatever projects we currently have in house. If we don't make steady forward progress, our customers don't pay us, if our customers don't pay us, I don't get paid. It's a different mindset than working for a company that has some money in the bank.
I'm annoyed because of the lack of communication that occurs in an office of 5 people.
Ah, I've never worked anywhere that small. I think I hear ya now.
See ya Sunday... maybe!
I can see all of your points on this, but have to agree with Heavin, if he cannot come in and produce immediately it will be a liability to the company.
I better see you on Sunday! Mav scouted his little doggy heart out on this weeks trail. You aren't going to let a dog w/ two fake hips show you up, are you?
I can see why you're pissed, homeboy needs to hit the ground runnin.
2 fake hips?
That is correct. If I get a chance, I'll post a pic of his x-ray this weekend. It's pretty cool.
Post a Comment