Friday night, Jim (OMG! I used his real name!!!) and I went to the Brushy Creek trail and ran 4 miles at my slow ass pace. When we were finished we hopped in the car and sped over to REI for their annual sale. We got there with only 45 minutes to shop before they closed! We managed to pick up all the stuff we went to buy plus more. I'll probably head over there again this week. I didn't have enough time to look at clothes. :-)
Saturday was a sleeping in day. When I finally got out of bed at 10 am, I whipped up a hearty breakfast without any fried pork. I fried up some eggs and really awesome hash browns. I've come to realize that cast iron makes all the difference when cooking potatoes. Then more shopping. We went to BettySport where I bought a pair of tri shorts and then to Bicycle Sports Shop to pick up biking gear/maintenance type stuff for me and some shorts for Jim. We then went to Pets Mart to get some stuff for Mav, Barnes and Noble so that Jim's daughter could get a book she needed for school, and card shopping for Mother's Day. Once we got home, we changed a bike tire and Jim showed me some basic bike maintenance that I should be doing. I wanted to get a swim in, but the thunderstorm rolled in at this point.
Woke up early to go to my tri group training. We biked 16 miles and ran 1. I should have ran 2, but I wanted to same some energy for the swim I would do later on. Michelle brought her husband Bryan and I brought Jim so Bryan wouldn't be the only boy at an all girl training group. It was good having Jim there. I'm still not proficient w/ gearing on hills, so he was able to tell me what I needed to be doing. After this, we went to eat breakfast at a little restaurant in Leander called the Oleander Cafe. It was delicious and while were were eating, Bryan's parents showed up unexpectedly and joind us. Bryan's parents are a hoot and were a welcome addition to our group. We headed back down to Jim's house where I rested up for a bit then we went swimming. I was pretty much a wuss and did more whining than swimming. But, I did get some swimming and drills in. Then on to see Mission Impossible 3 w/ Jim and his daughter. The movie was ok. A couple of suspenseful moments, but there are better action movies out there.
On On to a restful week.
3 comments:
Bryan's dad makes a mean Mexican Martini!
His parents rock!
sounds like a fun full life ...lol
Post a Comment