Monday, May 08, 2006

Emerson Quote

BC (back to disguising names so the half-minds can't figure it out!) sent me this quote from his Zen quote a day calendar:

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It struck a familiar note w/ me. I spend too much time worrying about past mistakes, what I could have or should have done, and kicking myself for not handling situations differently. All it does is expend a lot of mental energy that could be put to better use.

On-On to focusing on today!

5 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

*cyber bitch slap*

Gotcha! Didn't see that coming from me did ya!

Heavin' said...

That's what brothers are for!

dayoldfish said...

RWE can blow me! I made a B in an American Lit class because of his boring ass crap.

Jerri said...

I like it, and good for you! It's hard to let go of stuff sometimes....

babyG said...

feeling like I missed something ?