Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My New Baby and Other News!

I finally did it! I bought a road bike. Click here for inaccurate information on it. For example, it doesn't come w/ pedals, both derailleurs are ultegra, etc. It's an '07 and Trek isn't listing it on their website yet. With it I bought new pedals (look), shoes, computer, and helmet.

I have never used clipless pedals. From my first attempt, I have two huge bruises. One on my ass where I completly fell over and the other behind my knee where the leg that was unclipped got caught between the frame and the front tire. Somehow I managed not to fall over that time. However, the back of my knee is hurting when I run. It is quickly getting better though.

The next event is the Dilloman on Sept. 10. I need to get proficient w/ the clipless pedals before then!

I have also started w/ a swim group in hopes that I don't sidestroke the entire Dilloman, like I did the Danskin. It meets Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6:00 am. I didn't think I could swim that much in an hour and I end up being one VERY tired girl after that.

I think we are close on setting the wedding date/location. It will be in Las Vegas, towards the end of October. Jim's sister, who lives in Vegas, checked out a prospective location for us. She said it looked good and is sending pics. Once I get them, I'll book it and then let everyone know when and where.

This weekend, I'm going to have a practice run at being a Step Mom. Jim is heading out to Oregon for the Hood to Coast relay and I'm going to stay at his house w/ his daughter. We should be at the Keep Austin Weird 5k on Saturday. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

brownie said...

You need luck for the KAW 5K?

babyG said...

you will have fun with her, she seems like a nice girl and 15 is a fun age. To bad Sarah will not be in town this weekend.

Smut Mutt said...

Where's the gun-rack?

Heavin' said...

Of course I need luck. BC would probably dump me if I lost his daughter.

Gagger said...

Hey! Cool bike. I just got a new bike yesterday. Ok, it's not new, but it's new to me. It's a Marin hybrid. The last bike I owned was a 10 speed when I was in middle school. :)

See ya at the KAW 5K!

Denial Queen said...

Your new baby is beautiful!!! And KAW was a blast...

Barbara said...

Jan,

So a guy gave me his cycle shoes, they didn't fit him. I now have shoes and no bike...but i'm thinking of starting that up. Could you show me the ropes of riding if I go get a bike?....I am going to look at used ones first since know nothing and have not been on one since i was 10...arg.

Tell bever thanks again for the weights...I am getting pumped:)