Wednesday, July 26, 2006

First Few Days at the New Job

Here is a synopsis of my first week so far:

Day 1:

  1. 30 minute new hire orientation
  2. Interviewed someone
  3. Lunch
  4. Meeting about internationalization
  5. Moved offices. New office is bigger and has better view.
Day 2:
  1. Interviewed someone else
  2. Reading
  3. Got a task to start on
  4. Installing lots of crap on my system
  5. Someone (The Canadian (tm)) offered to pay my teammate to pinch my ass, but he declined. When I told BC about this later on, he asked if The Canadian (tm) would pay him to pinch my ass. Great boyfriend, eh?
Day 3:
  1. Figuring out how to build.
  2. Getting the pieces together I need for the task.
  3. Reading about the task.
Tomorrow:
  1. Company meeting 8:30 - 10:30.
  2. Hopefully, followed by adult beverages.
  3. Start work my task
  4. Meeting about my task
All in all, not too bad so far. And I'm taking Monday off. BC and I are flying out Friday night for our weekend backpacking trip. We are going to the Sawtooths in Idaho. I'd be more specific, but all I saw was the topological map. There will be elevation changes and water. That's all I know. More details when I return. I will get to try my freeze dried lasagna, macaroni and cheese, and pasta primavera. Those should be some good eats! I hope...

4 comments:

brownie said...

My advice: Quit and find another job!

Gagger said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip and see pics!

babyG said...

sounds like a nice change

Denial Queen said...

Are they still hiring? lol