Thursday, June 07, 2007

Danskin and other Random Stuff

I'm signed up for the Danskin this weekend. It should be a good time. This year I have a better bike and I can actually swim.

BC and I are also signed up for the Couple's Tri on July 15th. Our team name is 'Help! My husband can't swim!'. Lame name, but it was all I could come up with at the time. For the teams, the age group you compete in is your combined age. We are 77 years old.

Mav and I went to an agility trial last weekend. He did ok. He was one pokey puppy! We didn't make time in quite a few things. I'm not sure if he wasn't feeling well or if he didn't like the flooring. The flooring at the facility is some kind of rubber sports flooring that hasn't been well maintained, so the dogs slip and slide a lot. Many slow down as a result.

There is a swim team that has started practing after my group. They are mostly teens. We stuck around and watched them warm up. Wowsers! What a difference between the groups! They actually make it look effortless. They barely kick their legs. Just the occaisonal flutter to maintain their balance. Our coach, the tiny yet mighty Meredith said that is the way it is supposed to look and that they wouldn't kick unless they were sprinting. Sigh. Still a long ways to go! I'm no longer dragging my legs, but I still need to kick to maintain balance. I have a funny kicking story that I will save for next time. Off to bed now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couple's tri what?? Can singles do it also?