After running some errands on Saturday, I had a short amount of time before I had to get ready for my 'book club' meeting. It was a beautiful day and I haven't been on my bike yet this year, so I suggested we go out for a short ride around the neighborhood. The ride went well until the end. BC wanted to end w/ a short sprint. We were at an intersection and he gave me directions using street names, except he mixed up the names. The result is I went straight and he turned directly in front of me. I tried to turn and miss him, but ended up hitting his rear tire. I fell over and now have a couple of nasty bruises to show for it.
After showering, I headed off to the first meeting of the Non-Book Book Club. Cumonawanalaya was supposed to be there, but do to the early arrival of Kaylee, couldn't make it. We decided to stop off there on the way and visit. We hung out for about an hour. Blassst Zone, Cumonawanalaya and Kaylee were doing good, but in desparate need of sleep. Nurses kept coming in and poking and prodding and made it difficult to get any sleep. Once we were done w/ the visit, we headed out to Michelle's house for the meeting. For the next six hours we drank wine, talked, and read excerpts from 'Why Do Men Have Nipples'. It was nice just to hang out with just the girls. I realize how lucky I am to have such vibrant, funny, intelligent, beautiful, and caring friends.
Let's see. Boyfriends. BC went out of town yesterday morning. In that time, his daughter Y got a new boyfriend and they have their first fight. I've gotten to hear ALL about him and the fight. Every miniscule detail. Oh joy! If only this Stepmother gig paid per word listened...
No comments:
Post a Comment