Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Agility!

Mav and I went to an agility trial in McGregor, TX (near Waco) on Saturday. The highlight of the drive was the 'Condi '08' billboard that someone put up to encourage Condalezza Rice to run for president. Why this billboard was there didn't make sense to me until a few miles down the road when I saw the turnoff for Crawford. Go Condi!

Mav performed well on Saturday, considering how little we have practiced. We brought home a couple of Q's and a handful of 2nd places. The funniest part of the day happened when Mav decided to no longer run the course and scratch and smell the ground. He picks something up in his mouth and spits it out. I think to myself that whatever it is, it probably shouldn't be in the ring so I picked it up and carried it out. When we are making our way back to where we are seated, I look at it. It is an unidentifable by sight, so I smell it. It was a flattened piece of poop. Thanks Mav! I needed an excuse to wash my hands three times.

This weekend, we are going to an agility trial in San Marcos, one exit past the outlet malls. The next two trials after that are the first and second weekend of March. I'm a member of two agility clubs in Austin and the two trials in March are being hosted by each of the clubs. Those two weekends will be hectic. It's hard to run your dog and be part of the committee putting on the show.

Other future plans. AT&T half marathon, TXIH (I filled it out today!), and Guadalajara for a wedding the third weekend in March. And I should try to squeeze a hash in there somewhere.

I need to run tomorrow. I haven't run since the twelve miles last weekend. I better go get my clothes ready or I won't do it.

No comments: