Saturday morning I was up early once again and arrived at Pace Bend Park at 7:45 am to meet the tri group. We had a little mini-tri to practice for the Danskin this weekend. I did ok. I'm worried about making my goal time for the Danksin. Hopefully, the adreneline will help push me through.
After that, I drove 1 1/2 hours to Hutto for Mav's agility trial. We didn't do that well. We haven't been practicing at all outside of class and we skipped class the last two weeks. So, no complaints about our performance. Despite our poor performance, we had a good time. Got to see my agility buds that I haven't seen in a while. I also played w/ puppies. Gloria had the foster BC pups Trip and Bebe out there. Trip will most likely be adopted soon. She had a few admirers at the trial. Due to all the attention payed to Trip, I focused my attention on Bebe on Sunday. She is calmer than Trip and her potty training is a bit further along. Trip does the submissive urination thing when she sees people. But Bebe gave me a herding nip on the arm. She did a 4 ft vertical leap and nipped the underside of my arm. Ouch! Those puppy teeth are sharp! I quickly forgave her, despite the scratch on my arm.
The Danskin in on Sunday. For the people that say they will be out to cheer on the OTR, read this. You will find useful info on parking and a link to a map that shows where spectators should stand. I will be surprised if I see many non-SOs out there cheering. You have to be out early to catch the shuttle or you end up walking to the start.
Sunday afternoon, I'm leaving town to go to BC's family reunion. BC, two of his daughters, and I will be driving to Branson, MO. After the reunion, we'll be going to some cabin in the Ozarks that belongs to his cousin or something. I don't know the details. I'm just getting in the car when directed to.
Keep BC in your prayers next week. He is taking a road trip w/ three women. One is an angst ridden, moody teenage girl, one can't stand being in a car for more than 2 hrs at a stretch (me), and the third isn't afraid to speak her mind and put her younger sister in her place. I imagine we will have lots of instances of 'Don't make me stop this car', 'Dad/Jim - I have to pee', and 'Dad - She's picking on me/Make her stop' along the way. Good times ahead!
5 comments:
The Ozarks are beautiful. I grew up in Missouri and we vacationed there often. Of course now the Nashvillites have taken over Branson. Have a great trip and good luck in your Danskin Tri!
sounds like fun ! teens are cool ...lol
Good luck at Danskin, wanker!
Girl...kick some ass on Sunday...better yet, finish and just feel good about it:). Glad things are going so well with BC...:)
I actually had a date today that didn't suck! amazing.
Thanks everyone!
Post a Comment