Friday, June 23, 2006

Frustrated

I just got off a conference call w/ a couple of guys trying to get something that I worked on to come up in their environment. An unsupported, never attempted, environment, I will add. One of the guys proceeded to tell me what my source code is doing when they don't have the source. They have some other source file that is just a hardware abstration layer and basing their claim on that. They have no fucking clue and one of the other people here cut the call short because I was starting to yell at them. I have absolutely no patience for people that don't listen.

There is something that goes on among technical guys. I call it 'seeing who has the bigger dick'. You get a couple of guys together for a technical discussion and it turns into a game of who knows more than the other. Nothing gets accomplished and it is painful for me to watch. When someone tries to play this game w/ me, I don't play. First, I don't have a dick. Second, I don't care if someone knows more than me. Most people know more than me. I accept and am fine w/ that. The guy on the call today was doing that. Not only does it disgust me, but he has no idea how idiotic he sounded and irrelevant he became in my mind.

And people wonder why there aren't more women in technical fields.

I'm done venting now. I hope everyone is having a better morning than I am.

Update: I just found out that the guys I'm 'helping' are from MIT. Now it all makes sense. :-)

5 comments:

Smut Mutt said...

I graduated from the REAL MIT (Missouri Institute of Technology), not that wannabe in Massechusetts. Pllllttttt!!!

brownie said...

You should have hired a Pitt grad.

Chief W W said...

Yah sister, don't take any guff from those swine.

Heavin' said...

Chief! How are ya? Update your blog sometime and let us know how you are doing.

Puke Thief said...

I just bare my teeth and growl, and I know I don't have a big dick.